JSHAA SARS-CoV-2 Response Plan:
Upon work startup, John S. Hyatt & Associates Inc. will be implementing the
following actions to assist in mitigating SARS-CoV-2. Please note this policy may
change at any time to accommodate state procedures and rapidly changing
• Temp checks will occur daily upon arrival. If your temp is above 100.4 you
will be required to return home until you have been fever-free for 72 hours
without a fever reducer.
• Fabric masks will be provided by JSHAA to be worn by all employees.
• Doors, handles, front desk, and other regularly touched surfaces will be wiped
• We encourage all workers to regularly wash their hands with soap and
• Every worksite should have a designated handwashing station.
• We encourage those working in the field to carry hand sanitizer if they are
• Commonly used shared tools such as saws, drills and felcos should be wiped
down at the end of every shift. Cleaning supplies can be found at the office to
take to the site.
• All field workers should bring their own basic set of tools such as pencil, tape
measure, multi-tool, etc.
• We are encouraging all workers to continue with breaks every couple of
hours as well as their lunch. While each crew is in charge of when they take
these breaks we do recommend all crew leaders to remind their workers to
wash hands at break times.
• Onsite crews (especially rigging crews) should utilize our safety cones and
caution tape to maintain at a minimum the 6’ social distance around our work
areas. Whenever we can stagger our working hours to match up with times
less trades are onsite we will do so.
• In-person meetings are canceled until further notice. All progress meetings
should be conducted via phone or video.
• Any worker who is feeling ill is encouraged to stay home. No employee who
chooses to stay home due to illness suspected SARS-CoV-2 cases (including
family members) will be subject to warnings of any time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with a supervisor.
Additionally, if COVID-19 is reported by any staff member, we will shut the physical office down (working only remote) for two weeks and have the office deep cleaned. Only if employees are not feeling ill will they be asked to return to work following that.